It is traditional to do an end-of-year round up about now, but before that I’m going to wish you all the best of a new year ! I have a feeling 2013 is the year that a lot of us are going to see the fruits of our labours, and go on some really cool adventures.
So here goes my round up of some of the highlights of 2012…..
In January, Kreepsville 666 clothing licensed their brand to a Japanese producer and a whole new (Asia market only) series of skate-boarding influenced clothing and accessories were made. I was hired to shoot the maketing material for it, ranging from posters to magazine adverts. Below are a couple of the shots (little did I know at the time, that 4 months later I would be in Japan and meeting the company owners).
I also worked with Emile Sande when she headlined the KOKO as part of an MTV showcase….
The fabulous Rachel Khoo graced our TV screens for the first time on ‘The little Parisian kitchen’ ; Not just was our shoot a breeze, she cooked me breakfast as part of it !
I shoot the 2012 Look-book for the launch of Deetz Clothing (a colaboration between two sisters, one of who works for Vogue). Even though they only put their first collection out last year, Harvey Nichols has already snapped hem up for 2013′s range.
I ended up taking a last minute trip to Japan to shoot Tokyo Rainbow Pride Festival…….
And some fashion work, that took me in a new visual-stylistic direction….
I was lucky enough to be flown to italy to shoot this wedding…..
I also got to shoot The Gallows several times…. narrowly avoiding the breaking glass.
Being one of the first to shoot Connor Maynard after he signed to EMI (for a featuee for Glamour.com)
As I wrote this post I realised it was becoming a bit larger than I had intended, so here is a list of some of the other photography highlights of 2012 :
* Shooting stills for an Adidas Olympic 2012 tie-in video spot
* Documenting The Blitz Kids getting chased around a horrorcamp for Kerrang! Halloween special.
* Joining Camerapress.com for them to syndicate my archives of music and celebrity work.
* Shooting magazine promo’s for Bullet for my Valentine and Funeral for a Friend.
* Shooting for Prog magazine on the night the world was supposed to end (it didn’t , so I still had to file my contact sheets by the deadline).
* Waking up super early on Christmas Eve to shoot a fine-art collaboration with a performance artist friend of mine, back near my parents home, on the beach while she was in the sea, and not freezing to death!
2012, I’m going to miss you, but 2013, I welcome you with open arms !
and as they said on Bill and Ted… “Be excellent to each other”.